Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Joy


Heavenly father I praise you on this joyful day. At creation itself when Adam and Eve fell into sin you have already planned to save humanity by humbling yourself as a child in the human form, fragile and vulnerable. So great is your love that you do not even hesitate to redeem us from sin.

I rejoice with all the angels and saints who are rejoicing in heaven right now. Thinking about it the rejoicing probably goes on for eternity in heaven. Father, your love is everlasting. Help me comprehend some of its depth so that I’ll grow closer and closer in love with your son Jesus.

Jesus, thank you for willingly coming to earth as an infant child more than 2000 years ago. As a child you were totally helpless and dependant on the help of others. By the amazing act, you are teaching me how to be totally dependant on you. We are the children of our heavenly father. Just as joy captured my heart at the knowledge that my wife was pregnant nearly four years ago, I am flabbergasted at the thought of the joy that must have filled your eternal being when you had the plan of my birth for the longest time.  You love me so much that you even know the number of hairs on my body. Being a hairy Indian, wow, Father that is truly amazing. Hahahaha.

Because of the amazing love of the Father and the Son I’m able to come to you today as I am sinful and sorrowful. I am weak O Lord. It is impossible for me to walk the Christian walk on my own. I give you Lord the truth of my heart. Any negative emotions that I’m feeling I lay it at the foot of the cross. I surrender my life completely into your hands. Every part of me, I open it up totally to you. Take control of my life O Lord. I have been controlling it for a very long time and I’ve been doing a terrible job. By my own strength, I am weak. By your strength, I am complete.

Feel me again with your Holy Spirit. I need more and more of you. I need your love.  I need your joy. I need your peace. Transform me O Lord. Only you can make the transformation in me. Only you can truly change me completely. Thank you Jesus for the joy that you are feeling my heart with on this blessed Christmas Day. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment