Sunday, December 20, 2009

Catholic Prayer: Rise & Shine


Good morning Jesus, I want to praise and bless your holy name. It is a joy to wake up and at the moment of awakening to think about you. Thank you for granting me the grace to recognize that you are the most important person in my life. Your love for me never ends and you even decided to die for me when I was your enemy. A man would be willing to give up his life for a good friend but to expect one to give up his life for an enemy is unthinkable. Yet you chose to do it for me. Hence, when you tell me to love my enemy, it is not something that you have not done. In fact, you have led by example.

Lord, sometimes I even find it difficult to love my friends let alone love my enemies. I am weak oh Lord, in my attempts to what this Christian life with my own strength. The more I try with my own strength, the more I end up in failure. I am weak oh Lord. I am unable to walk this Christian life by my own strength.

I come to you oh Lord just as I am because you love me abundantly. It is only by your love that I will be able to love others as you love me. Fill me one more time with your spirit of love. Fill me to overflowing. As you penetrate and radiate true my entire being I’m sure with your life in me I’m able to reflect your unfailing love. Thank you Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment