Monday, December 14, 2009

Catholic Prayer: Rise & Shine


Praise be the mighty name of Jesus for another glorious day he has created.  I come to you with joy this morning a joy that only you can give. I sing praises to your holy name and it is indeed a privilege to be called your son, heir of the kingdom. A sonship so undeserving and yet you so lovingly bestowed it on me a sinner.  Your love for me is everlasting even when I drove myself far away from you. You were there patiently and lovingly awaiting my return. So great is your love that even when I sin and fall while you hate my sin you continue to love me.

Would I in my earthly life ever comprehend the depth of your love? I think probably not. But Lord I pray that you grant me the grace to start to slowly but surely understand your infinite love. Reveal it to me oh Lord. Let me get to know you more and more. Let me get to understand at least some depth of your love. Jesus you are love. There will be no purpose nor meaning in life if I do not understand your love. Jesus you said draw close to me and I will draw close to you. Today Lord as I take another step closer to you, I know in my spirit that you are taking a thousand steps closer to me. Praise the mighty name of Jesus for his love endures forever.

Holy Spirit come and fill my heart again with your love. Oh come Holy Spirit and kindle in me the fire of your love. Fan the sparks in my heart into a big flame, a flame that is engulfed with the love of Jesus. Jesus you love me so much you filled me with the same spirit that dwelled in you. Thank you God for being in me right now. With God in me all things are possible. Praise the Lord Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment