Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Catholic Prayer: Morning Cry Unto the Lord

Praise the mighty name of Jesus. Jesus, thank you for giving me another day to just bless your holy name. You are the creator of all things. As I carry on with my day’s activities today let me be reminded of your creation. The simple things in life that I have come to take for granted, be it the clouds in the sky or the trees that I walk pass everyday. May these simple things in life remind me of you.

Today, Jesus I come to you as I am a sinner, a truly weak person when I try to live life with my own strength. The lures of the world are too enticing for me. I am weak O Lord. I need you today more than ever and I come to you as I am.

I give you O Lord the truth of my heart. I am feeling rather tired today. I was woken up to six in the morning and I wonder why? I do not have any morning appointment today and I could have slept until a later time. As I sit in the balcony of my home and praise your holy Name, at a distance I notice an eagle soaring in the sky. It reminds me that the eagle continues to soar every day of its life whether it feels like it or not, in season and out of season. This teaches me Lord that I’ve got to continue to depend on you and that indwelling of the Holy Spirit in my life everyday.

Lord Jesus I surrender my entire life into your hands are once again this morning. Take my life O Lord and remove all negativity, all tiredness and everything that hinders me from drawing myself closer and closer to you. Only you know what is good for me. Only you can offer me eternal life. Cultivate my entire being, O Lord, so that I’ll be able to inherit the home in heaven that you have prepared for me.

Fill me with the Holy Spirit once again. I want to be saturated with you from the top of my head to the soles of my feet. Make a difference in my life again Holy Spirit. Come on the spirit come. Take charge, take control of my life. Only you can make me a whole. Do your work in the right now. I want to live a life led by the Holy Spirit. Thank you Holy Spirit. Thank you for filling me up and refreshing me again this morning. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment