Tuesday, February 16, 2010

From My New Home


Praise the mighty name of Jesus. I am glad to be able to start blogging again. It has been probably three weeks to a month since my last entry. As some of you might be aware I was busy shifting to my new home. The most demanding part of it is now finally over. It is not easy having to work with contractor, electrician, movers, etc. I am glad that most of the difficult tasks of moving this behind me now. Finally, I can go back to the routines of life.

I have to admit that one of the main thing that took a setback due to the moving was my prayer life. I’m not gonna make any excuses and I’m just gonna decide to continue developing my relationship with Jesus.

In a few hours time it’s going to be my birthday. Wow another year has passed by so quickly. Now being at the mid way point of my life all that I can think of is that there is not much time left. At the blink of an eye the earthly life that I am living right now will be gone just like over millions of life that has come and gone. I am wondering whether I would be proud of myself when I look back and read that chapters of my life. More importantly will Jesus be proud of me.

The worldly values that we are confronted with are truly shortsighted. The need for comfort and material wealth seems to be of great interest. As parents providing our children with among the best quality education available seems extremely important. Training the child in other areas such as music, swimming, etc also seems to take the high priority.

While some of these persuits seems rather noble, at this stage of my life I am asking myself are these of utmost importance. When Jesus looks of my book of life is he going to say that he’s proud of me because I have been a good husband and father? Because I’ve provided for the needs of my family? Is he gonna go on to say well done Freddy because you have not only provided for the needs of your family, you have taken another step and provided for their wants?

Well, in my heart of hearts I am rather certain that these things are not gonna make Jesus proud. Even the pagans do all these things. A life without Jesus is a wasted life. I could provide all the needs and even wants of my family but if I don’t impart Jesus to them than it would be a wasted life. I should start focusing on the things of above and on building riches there. These riches that could never be stolen away.

I should be writing more about Jesus in my book of life rather than about myself because it is no longer I who live it is Christ who lives in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment