Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Getting a Maid

Jessica Faye Gomez would be arriving on 19th Sept 06. To prepare for this beautiful new life, my wife & I decided to get a FDW. Being 1st time employer, it was challenge identifying a new maid. Moreover, we had some standards that needed to be met.... Indonesian, Catholic / Christian, experienced in infant care and English speaking. And hence, the challenge.

I identified a transfer maid a few months ago only to find out in August that she preferred to go back. So I went back to the internet to search for more maids & also down to Bukit Timah Shopping Center. It seems much easier to look for a maid online. mmmm obviously.

I prayed ... asking for God's direction and finally went to meet a maid on Sunday. After interviewing her, my wife and I decided to get her services. Just before I could make a down payment, the maid said she had to discuss some matters with the agent prior to agreeing to work with us.

So I received a call the next day and I was informed that the maid wanted every Sunday off. So off I went in search of a new maid. Checked online.... none suitable. Went down to Bukit Timah Shopping Center again. This time just walking into every agency stating my requirement. Came across a few but England very weak.

Finally... yes... I found her! Simply amazing. She can speak Bahasa, English, Hokkien & Mandarin... wow! Loves looking after children and ex - Singapore maid. What more can I ask for? Oh there was more alright. She used to train maids who were coming to Singapore to work. Hahaha ... she is a trainer just like her employer. Praise the Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment